I can do all things through Christ who strengths me. Philippians 4:13

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Creep-O'Meter

So I'm wondering...what sets off your Creep-O'Meter?? I don't mean something that gets the gauge quivering a bit. I mean full on sparks flying, gauge shattering, smoke billowing from the old Creep-O'Meter!! Is it spiders?? Snakes?? Someone touching your feet?? (Girls, I know that's a big one for some of you.) Mine is possums (I almost ran over one when I was learning how to drive and those beady little glowing eyes have haunted me since!) and being in water where I can't see the bottom.
As you can imagine, open water swimming has sent my Creep-O'Meter into overdrive. Friends stories of giant catfish nibbling my toes, giving me pedicures and dead bodies being dumped in the lake send it truly off the charts. Now I realize that the gianormous catfish have long made fish food of those dead bodies, but my mental game is in full-swing when I get out there. Swimming is no longer as tough physically as it is mentally. As the water gets colder, I know it's getting deeper(just how deep, I don't really want to know...thank you very much!!) and that alone gives me the heebie geebies! Where's my black line in the pool? My comfort zone...my safety net?? Waaaa!! I know that hand I see is my own, not something grabbing from the dark abyss. And catfish...they live at the bottom of the lake, right?? They're nowhere near my pink piggies thrashing furiously through the water. I'm okay...I think...
So off I go to swim and sharpen my mental toughness. After this race, I should be ready to conquer the world or at the very least, beat my Creep-O'Meter into submission!!

No comments:

Post a Comment