I can do all things through Christ who strengths me. Philippians 4:13

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Back in the saddle again!

I'm officially back in the saddle again and boy does it feel great!! Unfortunately since my half ironman triathlon this summer, I let life takeover. I had hopes and dreams of doing a sprint triathlon in Oct. and half-marathon in Nov. However, with the hubster having shoulder surgery(and needing my assistance to get dressed, tie shoes, shave, button pants, etc.) launching my own business, starting back up with homeschooling and getting a new co-op up and running...training went by the wayside. I ran here and there, but nothing like the hours I was used to putting in.
Wanting to get crack-a-lackin' again...I signed up for two races yesterday. A half-marathon here in town in May and then an Olympic distance triathlon in Morro Bay June 5th. My first ocean swim!! Inspite of the yummy, coziness my bed offers, I managed to drag myself out to run this morning. Life is still busy, but what I realized most in the months I didn't train, is that I truly love what I do. Getting up early gives me a unique opportunity to spend time with the Lord by myself with no interruptions. I love pushing myself to limits I never thought possible and finding rest and strength in Him during those times. It helps me to be disciplined and focused...two traits I doubt I can ever pursue enough.
Being back in the saddle is a wonderfully, fantastic place to be and I'm excited for the journey!!

2 comments:

  1. you inspire me, I can't wait to see all the exciting photos to come of these goals. The photos of your last race brought tears to my eyes...you go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are excited for your journey as well! Thanks so much for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete