I can do all things through Christ who strengths me. Philippians 4:13

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

When do I find time??

A lot of people have asked me lately, with 5 kids, when do I find the time to workout. This is a good question and the answer, as with most things, lies in the art of planning. You must plan it, schedule it, tattoo it to your forehead or it isn't going to happen. Something more pressing will always take precedence and missing one day will inevitably turn into one week. Before you know it, a month has passed and you haven't done a thing. Not good! So get together with your hubby/wife and figure out a schedule. This is especially important if kids are involved and you both want to work out. Someone's gotta watch the cutie patooties!

What works best for me is to workout at o'dark thirty in the morning when the rest of the world(or at least my family) is sleeping. First of all, I don't have the kids pulling at me to snuggle with them. (It's my Kryptonite. I just can't resist their yumminess!) Second, it's quiet. I love the solitude the early mornings bring and the opportunity to think, dream, pray, talk to the Lord or just listen to the pounding of my stride on the pavement. Third, I'm ready for my day. Somehow, I'm just powered up a little bit differently when I've worked out first thing in the morning. Most of all...I don't have to think about it anymore. With all the thoughts swirling around in my head, to have one less is always good. It's done and I can get on with my day.

Funny thing is...I'm not typically what I would describe as a morning person. I would much rather stay up late watching movies, reading or hanging out with my sweet hubby. Not to mention that my warm, comfy bed has secret tentacles that come out and hold me down, helpless, till I break free, sprinting to get my workout clothes on. It's tough some mornings, but I'm always glad I decided to get up.:o)

So figure out a schedule and get going! The great thing is that if you find something doesn't work, you can tweek it till it does. If you miss a day, don't sweat it, just get back into your groove. Just make sure that day missed doesn't turn into a week...or more.

Have fun getting healthy!

No comments:

Post a Comment